Waiting On Wednesday (766) Sweet Something (Wood Hollow Stories #2) by Lane Hayes

Expected Publication: July 21, 2026
Genre: MM, Romance


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings
that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.
(WoW was previously hosted by Breaking The Spine.)

This is my favorite day of the week because I love sharing and discovering new books.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Dexter:

The donut business is booming in Wood Hollow, along with my flag-football program. Now I’m ready to take on a new challenge—parenthood. See, I’ve always wanted to be a dad and it’s finally happening. Wood Hollow is the perfect place to raise a child. It’s quiet, safe, and the folks here are friendly.

One glaring exception is the grumpy lumberjack…who ends up being best friends with my surrogate. What are the odds?

Yeah…this will be interesting.

Viggo:

I’m a logger. I like wood. That’s it. Maybe that makes me a solitary person, but so what?

Unfortunately, I can’t ignore the handsome donut man’s new dad-to-be situation. Not when it concerns an old family friend.

Look, I don’t want to be involved, but I have no choice. And if that means I’ll have to step outside of my comfort zone and do people-y things to make sure Dexter is a going to be a good dad, so be it.

It doesn’t mean I like Dexter. He’s accidentally funny, kind of sweet, very hot, and—

Okay, fine.

Maybe I like him too much.


I've read and enjoyed a few of this author's previous works, and I really liked the first book in this new series, so I'm looking forward to reading more.

On a side note, I'm so done with the crappy year I'm having. My 88 year old mother with dementia fell and broke her hip and had to have a complete replacement. How do you rehab someone when they literally have no idea what you are instructing them to do? So now she'll probably never walk again and be stuck in a wheelchair or bed. And on top of that, our air conditioning went out and we've had to wait 5 days for a new installation in 90+ heat. Life is grand.


What are you waiting on this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.