Waiting on Wednesday (38) The Lucy Variations and Grace Doll


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

I have 2 picks for my WOW this week. One book will be released on August 20, but the other is not due out until March 2013... which seems like such a long way off.

My choices for this week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selections are:

Photobucket

The Lucy Variations by Sara Zarr

Hardcover
Expected publication: 2013 by Little, Brown BFYR

Synopsis from Goodreads:
A once-promising concert pianist now believes that at 16 her best years are behind her — a belief that everyone she knows seems to agree with, until she meets her brother's attractive new piano instructor.

Why I Want To Read It:
I recently finished reading Virtuosity by Jessica Martinez, and this seems to have the same sort of young musical prodigy theme going. Even though there isn't much to the synopsis, it still sounds interesting.

Photobucket
Grace Doll by Jennifer Laurens

Paperback, 220 pages
Expected publication: August 20th 2012 by Grove Creek Publishing

Synopsis From Goodreads:
Grace Doll had everything a girl could want: Fame. Fortune. Beauty.

Everything except, of course, her freedom. So when a powerful movie producer forces an experimental treatment on Grace--one that's purported to make beauty immortal--she stages her own death to escape him.

With the help of trusted friends, Grace slips into hiding. She's forever flawless, forever young and forever pursued by her past.

But when a stranger arrives on her doorstep, holding the key to a life she thought she'd left behind, Grace must decide between the safety she's known... and embracing the role she was born to play.

Why I Want To Read It:
The synopsis sounds very intriguing, and it's different than Jennifer's other books. I enjoyed reading A Season of Eden and Overprotected, so I hope I like this one too!

What are you waiting on this week?

13 comments:

  1. Virtuosity was awesome. And Sara Zarr's books too! I haven't heard of both of these so I'm adding them to my list. Great picks!

    Check out our WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of them before, but I might check them out!

    My WoW pick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh interesting! Those are new to me but I hope you enjoy them both once you read them!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Grace Doll sounds really interesting. Adding to my wish-list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Lucy Variations looks good. I have read a few other books by Sara Zarr.

    My WOW: http://breathofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-20-i-swear.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Virtuosity is now on my to read list. Violin used to be my life and I love reading about prodigies! Plus, Antony John gave it a stamp of approval. All reasons to get this one! Thanks for the great pick.

    New follower via GFC.

    Ensconced in YA
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of either of these but they both sound great!

    Here's My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. They both sound interesting.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday_8.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picks! The Lucy Variations sounds really good. I've heard some pretty great things about Sara Zarr's novels, so hopefully it's good. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited for The Lucy Variations! It's going to be amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Lucy Variations sounds like such a great read, I'm really excited for it! And Grace Doll sounds really interesting, one I'm definitely going to add to my tbr pile!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. These both sound really interesting! Going to have to check them out. :) Great picks!

    Here's my WoW

    Randi @ Cardigans, Coffee and Bookmarks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.