Waiting On Wednesday (105) Killer Instinct by @Shan_E_Green @simonteen

 photo WoW3a.jpg

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

Wednesday is my favorite day of the week because I get to share books that I am super excited about and can't wait to read.

 photo KillerInstinct_zps527191b7.jpg

Hardcover, 272 pages
Expected publication: May 6th 2014 by Simon Pulse

Synopsis From Goodreads:

She’s not evil, but she has certain... urges.

Lane is a typical teenager. Loving family. Good grades. Afterschool job at the local animal hospital. Martial arts enthusiast. But her secret obsession is studying serial killers. She understands them, knows what makes them tick.

Why?

Because she might be one herself.

Lane channels her dark impulses by hunting criminals—delivering justice when the law fails. The vigilantism stops shy of murder. But with each visceral rush the line of self-control blurs.
And then a young preschool teacher goes missing. Only to return... in parts.
When Lane excitedly gets involved in the hunt for “the Decapitator,” the vicious serial murderer that has come to her hometown, she gets dangerously caught up in a web of lies about her birth dad and her own dark past. And once the Decapitator contacts Lane directly, Lane knows she is no longer invisible or safe. Now she needs to use her unique talents to find the true killer’s identity before she—or someone she loves—becomes the next victim...

This sounds awesome!!!!!!! A teenager with certain 'urges' who is obsessed with serial killers. Yeppers, I can't wait to read this one.

What are you waiting on this week?

28 comments:

  1. Yeah this surely sounds awesome. I like the cover too!! :) Hope you'll get the book soon. Great pick :)

    Tanja @ Ja Ĩitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover looks really interesting. Thanks for sharing. Check out our WOW

    Nahomi @ Books & Swoons

    ReplyDelete
  3. So So So excited for this one. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me of Dexter. It's sounds so interesting & I'm going to add it to my tbr!

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. A serial killer obsession, sounds like an interesting read for sure. Great pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds wicked awesome! I think it sounds like a winner for sure!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I'm excited for this one too! Lots of serial killer books coming out haha. Awesome pick, thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WoW (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of books about kids solving murders/mysteries are coming out soon. Definitely a trend right now. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. Ooo, never heard of this one! I like the typography! When done well, a cover dominated by letters is quite appealing. And it totally matches the tone of this book. I hope you get to read this one, and you enjoy it! :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like Dexter. I've added it to my TBR at Goodreads too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen Dexter, but a lot of people are comparing it to this book. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. This sounds awesome, Sandra. I always love your picks! Thanks for sharing!

    Mary @ Mary Had a Little Book Blog
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. THANKS for sharing. Not sure I will read it, though.

    ENJOY the rest of your week.

    BTW…Stop by for a FUN giveaway too: GIVEAWAY

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My W...W...W...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to read this one either! It just sounds like the kind of book I'll love because it's so different to everything else I normally pick up to read. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's different from what I normally read also. I hope we both enjoy it!

      Delete
  13. I'm excited for this one, too. ID is my go-to channel when there is nothing on TV. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - this sounds really dark and … I'm all for it!
    Great pick! Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.