Waiting On Wednesday (108) #scandal by Sarah Ockler @sarahockler

 photo WoW3a.jpg

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

Wednesday is my favorite day of the week because I get to share books that I am super excited about and can't wait to read.

 photo scandal_zpsd2ead468.jpg

Hardcover, 368 pages
Expected publication: June 17th 2014 by Simon Pulse

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Lucy’s learned some important lessons from tabloid darling Jayla Heart’s all-too-public blunders: Avoid the spotlight, don’t feed the Internet trolls, and keep your secrets secret. The policy has served Lucy well all through high school, so when her best friend Ellie gets sick before prom and begs her to step in as Cole’s date, she accepts with a smile, silencing about ten different reservations. Like the one where she’d rather stay home shredding online zombies. And the one where she hates playing dress-up. And especially the one where she’s been secretly in love with Cole since the dawn of time.

When Cole surprises her at the after party with a kiss under the stars, it’s everything Lucy has ever dreamed of… and the biggest BFF deal-breaker ever. Despite Cole’s lingering sweetness, Lucy knows they’ll have to ’fess up to Ellie. But before they get the chance, Lucy’s own Facebook profile mysteriously explodes with compromising pics of her and Cole, along with tons of other students’ party indiscretions. Tagged. Liked. And furiously viral.

By Monday morning, Lucy’s been branded a slut, a backstabber, and a narc, mired in a tabloid-worthy scandal just weeks before graduation.

Lucy’s been battling undead masses online long enough to know there’s only one way to survive a disaster of this magnitude: Stand up and fight. Game plan? Uncover and expose the Facebook hacker, win back her best friend’s trust, and graduate with a clean slate.

There’s just one snag—Cole. Turns out Lucy’s not the only one who’s been harboring unrequited love...

This contemporary sounds like something I will enjoy reading. My request got approved the other day, so now I can't wait to read it!

What are you waiting on this week?

20 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you were able to snag a copy! I'm definitely looking forward to this one myself. Sarah's books are always so lovely! Awesome pick this week, Sandra! :)

    Mary @ Mary Had a Little Book Blog
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we both enjoy reading this one! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Been seeing a lot of this one! Yay for getting a copy! That's always the best thing ever! Happy Reading!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I consider it a win anytime I don't get rejected when I request an arc. LOL. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I am looking forward to reading this one too. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! No more waiting for you:) this does sound like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! This definitely sounds like an interesting read. I'm a fan of the cover and style. Hope you enjoy it! Thanks for sharing.

    Here's my WOW at Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. I literally JUST got approved for this one on Edelweiss - FINALLY! Gosh, S&S, LOL. I hope it's a great contemporary novel! I'm really picky with my contemporary novels, so hopefully I like it. And you as well!

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got my approval on Monday. I thought for sure I would never be approved. I do hope that we both enjoy reading it! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. I'm excited to read this, too.
    Thanks for visiting My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I added this book last week to my tbr and now I want it eve more =)

    Our WoW
    Doris @ OABR

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great one. I'm so excited for this one. Sarah Ockler is a great writer and the synopsis for this one looks quite fun!

    -Mari

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds so amazing! I love the cover and anything Sarah Ockler writes is usually awesome. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds good, and hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm jealous of you, I want a copy, it sounds great! And Sarah Ockler usually writes great contemps so you are lucky!

    Thanks for coming by my blog (:

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so excited for this one, too. It sounds so good and I love that cover. I hope you love it! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.