Waiting On Wednesday (110) Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater @mstiefvater

 photo WoW3a.jpg

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

Wednesday is my favorite day of the week because I get to share books that I am super excited about and can't wait to read.

 photo Sinner_zps21c97440.jpg
Hardcover, 416 pages
Expected publication: July 1st 2014 by Scholastic Press

Synopsis From Goodreads:

Sinner follows Cole St. Clair, a pivotal character from the #1 New York Times bestselling Shiver Trilogy. Everybody thinks they know Cole's story. Stardom. Addiction. Downfall. Disappearance. But only a few people know Cole's darkest secret -- his ability to shift into a wolf. One of these people is Isabel. At one point, they may have even loved each other. But that feels like a lifetime ago. Now Cole is back. Back in the spotlight. Back in the danger zone. Back in Isabel's life. Can this sinner be saved?

I wonder how many bloggers have Sinner as their WoW this week? I chose this despite my bitter hatred of the ending of The Shiver Trilogy. Yes, you read that correctly. The ending sucked big time. I wrote a scathing review that I never posted because it was extremely harsh and truly heartfelt. Am I the only one who thought the ending was the definition of ambiguous? I could have stopped reading after the 2nd book if I knew how much the third book would blow. Gah. See? It still upsets me! I could go on and on with things I didn't like with the last book of the trilogy, but I must somehow move on.

I'm willing to give Sinner a chance, only because I'm hoping it can bring me back around to have some good memories of The Shiver Trilogy. Somehow my hatred of book 3 and the ending is overshadowing my love of the first 2 books. It's redemption time, so don't disappoint me.

What are you waiting on this week?

19 comments:

  1. That's very cool that she has written another book to this series! I read Shiver and part of Linger, but what I read of Linger, I disliked. I hope this book is what everyone wants and more! :D

    Happy holidays!

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked Linger for the most part. But Forever aggravated me so much because things were left unresolved - for the characters and for ME. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! I HATED the ending of Forever, and was so sad because I LOVED Shiver. I swore never to read another Stiefvater book, then I got talked into reading The Scorpio Races and fell back in love. I also love The Raven Boys series. Now I can't decide if I want to read Sinner...

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Amber R. @ Bibliophilia, Please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO happy to know that I am not the only one who hated that ending. I haven't read The Scorpio Races yet. I have read The Raven Boys - which was awesome. And I read The Dream Thieves but was underwhelmed with it. I hope The Raven Cycle series doesn't keep going downhill. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Oh I really liked Cole! Great pick!

    My #WOW

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I am so excited for this one too!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could never bring myself to read "Forever". I listened to the audiobooks, but after about five minutes of that book, I knew that I would never get into it. I just don't think that series was for me. Hopefully "Sinner" will be better than the other Shiver books for you.

    Kayla @ Bibliophilia, Please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you since you don't have to live with the disappointment of Forever. It was tough to read.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. Ok, I actually don't remember the ending...what happened?? But I do remember Cole, should be good! Great pick! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like Cole too much - except when he was with Isabel. But I'm willing to give this a chance anyways.

      Delete
  8. Huh. I haven't read the Shiver trilogy but I look forward to seeing what the fans of those books think of this one!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You haven't read this series yet? It was all the rage back when werewolves were 'in'. LOL.

      Delete
  9. Ohh, awesome pick :D I adore the books I have read by Maggie. <3 But have yet to read the Shiver books.. but soon :D
    Thank you so much for commenting on my blog ages ago. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.