Waiting On Wednesday (166) The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things by Ann Aguirre

 photo WoW3a.jpg

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

Wednesday is my absolute favorite day of the week because I get to share the books that I am super excited about and can't wait to read.

 photo TheQueenOfBrightAndShinyThings_zps08f94f32.jpg

Expected publication: April 7th 2015 by Feiwel & Friends

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Sage Czinski is trying really hard to be perfect. If she manages it, people won’t peer beyond the surface, or ask hard questions about her past. She’s learned to substitute causes for relationships, and it’s working just fine… until Shane Cavendish strolls into her math class. He’s a little antisocial, a lot beautiful, and everything she never knew she always wanted.

Shane Cavendish just wants to be left alone to play guitar and work on his music. He’s got heartbreak and loneliness in his rearview mirror, and this new school represents his last chance. He doesn’t expect to be happy; he only wants to graduate and move on. He never counted on a girl like Sage.

But love doesn’t mend all broken things, and sometimes life has to fall apart before it can be put back together again…

I've never read anything by this author before.... but this sounds really good!

What are you waiting on this week?

Be sure to leave a link to your WoW post so I can visit you back!

34 comments:

  1. This looks like an interesting book to read, I guess I should add it to my to-be-read list then. Great choice by the way.
    My Waiting On Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This author is new to me, too, but I love that cover...and that is a catchy blurb. Enjoy! And here's mine: “THE RUMOR”

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool cover and synopsis! Its going on my TBR list so thanks for sharing :) I hope to see you around my blog

    Katelynn
    www.literarychameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cover of this one, and I haven't read the author, but this sounds way different from what her other books seem to be about. Great choice, and thanks for stopping by my WOW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I haven't read any of her other books Lisa. I prefer contemporaries, so I can't wait to read this. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. I came across her name, but haven't read anything by her yet, either. I agree that it sounds good, putting it on my watchlist!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, this will be a must read for me as well. I have yet to try this author but I think this is a good place to start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't read anything by this author before. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. I like Ann Aguirre! I didn't know she wrote contemporary as well! I think this will be very interesting to read knowing it's from the same author who wrote the Razorland series! Great pick this week :) Check out my WoW:

    Crystal @ Books Unbound

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a totally new to me read! Doesn't really sound like my kind of read but I do hope that you positively love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. new to me but sounds good and hope you get a chance to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cover. I actually just read Ann's book I Like It That Way and it wasn't to my tastes so I think I'll wait a bit before I decide on this one.

    -Mari

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the cover, and the synopsis sounds great! Will be checking it out ;) Thanks for stopping by my blog today (:

    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read anything by this author either, but I do have this in my TBR list since is sound so good. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll be reading this one soon! I hear great things about this particular book, and I've really enjoyed Aguirre's books (especially her contemporary novels), so I hope this one is good! I hope you enjoy this book when you read it!

    Have a fabulous week :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have yet to read anything by this author either although I have a few of her books that I need to get to. This one sounds amazing! Like a good complicated romance with some drama. Thanks for stopping by!

    Jennifer @ Some Like It Paranormal

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have this one on my "maybe" list so I can't wait to see what you think of it!
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds fab! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah, yes. This one is on my tbr and I've got the ARC from NG, so hopefully we'll both like it. Thanks for stopping by!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.