Waiting On Wednesday (250) The Lovely Reckless by Kami Garcia

 photo WoW_zpsefugwmrq.png


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

Wednesday has become my favorite day of the week because I get to share the books that I am super excited about and can't wait to read.

 photo TheLovelyReckless_zpsjtue5fpq.jpg

Expected publication: October 4th 2016 by Imprint

Synopsis from Goodreads:

I’ve become an expert at avoiding things that could hurt me—which means I will figure out how to stay away from Marco Leone.

Seventeen-year-old Frankie Devereux would do anything to forget the past. Haunted by the memory of her boyfriend’s death, she lives her life by one dangerous rule: Nothing matters. At least, that’s what Frankie tells herself after a reckless mistake forces her to leave her privileged life in the Heights to move in with her dad—an undercover cop. She transfers to a public high school in the Downs, where fistfights don’t faze anyone and illegal street racing is more popular than football.

Marco Leone is the fastest street racer in the Downs. Tough, sexy, and hypnotic, he makes it impossible for Frankie to ignore him—and how he makes her feel. But the risks Marco takes for his family could have devastating consequences for them both. When Frankie discovers his secret, she has to make a choice. Will she let the pain of the past determine her future? Or will she risk what little she has left to follow her heart?

I haven't read anything by Kami Garcia before. I added this to my tbr because it sounds really good.

What are you waiting on this week?

22 comments:

  1. This one looks like it will be a sweet love story! Hope you like it.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Seeing a lot of this one going around! Hope you love it too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does look like it will be a good one, I hope you end up loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read anything by Kami either. But I did get approved for this one on netgalley. Hope it's a good story and we all enjoy it :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Shane. I hope you enjoy reading this book.

      Delete
  5. I haven't read anything by Garcia either! This will be my first - I'm reading it soon. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a wonderful day, Sandra. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by today, Alyssa. I'll be checking to see what you think of this after you read it.

      Delete
  6. I am curious about this since I've liked some of her other work but I'm seeing such mixed reviews. Hope you love it!

    my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm willing to at least give it a try and see if I like her as an author. Thanks for stopping by, Eva.

      Delete
  7. I haven't read anything by the author, but I'm loving the synopsis! :)

    My WoW


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've liked other Kami Garcia books, but I think they were all kind of paranormal. I"m not the biggest fan of contemporary stories. But, I'll be seeing her at a convention the first weekend of October, so I may buy a copy then to get signed. Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my WOW earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a chance to read this one, Lisa. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. This looks REALLY good!! I still haven't read the "Beautiful" series by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl, but I've heard great things about them, so I'd be willing to try this one, even though it's not paranormal romance. I do prefer PNR. But I LOVE romance, anyway, so this one is going onto my Goodreads shelves! Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick! I read this one recently and it was really good! I enjoyed the story a lot! I hope you enjoy it too!


    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know that you enjoyed this book, Traci. I'm looking forward to reading it.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.