Waiting On Wednesday (19) While He Was Away by Karen Schreck


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My choice for this week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

While He Was Away by Karen Schreck

Paperback, 256 pages
Expected publication: May 1st 2012 by Sourcebooks Fire

Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

Synopsis from Goodreads:

"This is just something I have to do, okay?" I hear David say. "The right thing." He cradles my face in his hands. He kisses me hard. Then he lets go of me. His eyes dart from me to whatever's next. When Penna Weaver's boyfriend goes off to Iraq, she's left facing life without him. As summer sets in, Penna tries to distract herself with work and her art, but the not knowing is slowly driving her crazy. Especially when David stops writing. She knows in her heart he will come home- but will he be the same boy she fell in love with?

6 comments:

  1. This book does sound interesting. I will have to add it to my TBR shelf.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. While He Was Away just the title got me hooked! Awesome choice! Here's my WoW!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/03/waiting-on-wednesday_28.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so amazing, I really can't wait to read it either! Great choice!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't heard of that one! Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this book pop up on a couple Waiting on Wednesday posts this week and I'm just as excited for it. I love a guy in uniform and this book sounds like it has such a sweet romance.

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just requested this title on NetGalley. *keepingmyfingerscrossed* I want to read it bad lol.
    _yay_ @ BookthatThing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.