Waiting On Wednesday (498) Scandal at the Salty Dog (Secrets and Scrabble #4) by Josh Lanyon

Published: May 31 2021
Genre: M/M, Romance, Cozy Mystery


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings
that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.
(WoW was previously hosted by Breaking The Spine.)

This my favorite day of the week because I love sharing and discovering new books.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Mystery Stalks the Cobbled Streets of Pirate's Cove.

Who or what is haunting elderly recluse Juliet Blackwell, what does it have to do with mysterious goings-on at the Salty Dog Pub--and why is any of it mystery bookshop owner Ellery Page's problem? According to sometimes boyfriend Police Chief Jack Carson, it's not Ellery's problem, and Ellery should stop asking awkward questions before it's too late.

Ellery couldn't agree more, but it's hard to say no when someone is as frightened as old Mrs. Blackwell. Mrs. Blackwell insists the ghost of long dead pirate Rufus Blackwell has come to avenge himself on the last member of his treacherous clan.

Before Ellery can say, "Yikes!" Mrs. Blackwell takes a tumble down the grand staircase of her spooky mansion, and it's up to Ellery to find who is trying to kill his eccentric customer.

Another surprise release from this author!! "Sometime in June" doesn't mean May 31 to me!! Whatever. I'll take it. This is already waiting for me on my Kindle, but I'm in the middle of reading a trilogy by this author, so I have to finish that first before I can switch gears.

What are you waiting on this week?

1 comment:

  1. Nice pick! Glad you don't have to wait real long for this one!


    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.