Waiting On Wednesday (535) Spirited Situation (Ghostly Guardians #1) by Louisa Masters

Expected publication: February 17th 2022
Genre: M/M, Romance, Paranormal


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings
that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.
(WoW was previously hosted by Breaking The Spine.)

This my favorite day of the week because I love sharing and discovering new books.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

When you can talk to ghosts, things are bound to get spirited.

The ghosts have been there since before I can remember. When I was a kid, they doted on me, but as I got older, they got more demanding. I’ve spent my whole life seeing and talking to dead people and trying to pretend I’m not, because the living just don’t understand. Nobody wants to be around the freak who claims to see ghosts.

Until I go to Mannix Estate.

Once a private country home, then a posh hotel, it was closed after a suspicious incident but is now an immersive historic experience. It’s also haunted AF, and everyone knows it. Finally, I’ve found a place to work and live where I can be useful. Where I’m actually wanted.

There are only two problems: I spent a hot, sweaty, satisfying night with Ewan the blacksmith before I knew we’d have to work together. Everyone knows sex with colleagues is a bad idea, right? Even if he’s the world’s most ripped cinnamon roll.

Plus, the ghosts are keeping secrets. There’s something going on that’s not normal, even for a haunted estate. And I suspect that when the truth comes out, I’m the one who’ll have to deal with it… and it won’t be good.


For Halloween, my 24 year old daughter and I watched some of the old Disney Halloween shows - Twitches, That's So Raven, and Suite Life. This quote from Suite Life keeps repeating in my head whenever I see 'ghost' stories: "Ghostie... if I may call you that.... speak to us......."

This is a new author to me, and this book sounds awesome. However, the "5 amazing stars" reviews that I am seeing are highly questionable. None of my friends on Goodreads have read this yet, so I have no trusted opinions to depend on here. I need some ghosts in my life, so I hope I like this!

What are you waiting on this week?

4 comments:

  1. OOh nice! I love a good ghost story! Hope you end up enjoying this one!


    Here's my CWW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so intrigued by this. I want to know what those ghosts are up to!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.