Waiting On Wednesday (536) Thick as Thieves (Aster Valley #4) by Lucy Lennox

Expected publication: March 1, 2022
Genre: M/M, Romance


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings
that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.
(WoW was previously hosted by Breaking The Spine.)

This my favorite day of the week because I love sharing and discovering new books.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Julian:
I've been in love with my best friend since forever. Okay, fine. Like, kindergarten. It started out platonic, obviously, but then became... nope. Still platonic. The problem is that Parker Ellis has been straight since forever. And that makes it difficult to convince him the two of us are meant to be together.

And now there's no point. All is lost. He's gone and gotten engaged to his high-school sweetheart which means I have to grin and bear it while pretending to be the happy, supportive best man while he prepares to commit his life to a woman I can't even fault. She's great. We've all been friends forever. I know he'll be happy with Erin, just not... just not as happy as he could be with me.

Parker:
I'll admit. Sometimes I press the easy button. Like when Julian Thick had offered me half his sandwich back in grade school after noticing I didn't have any food. Or when I'd needed a date to homecoming in tenth grade and Erin told me she was it. Or when I'd used the one thing that came easy to me, skiing, to get my college tuition paid for. Or when Erin had showed back up in my life six months ago and told me it was time to marry and start a family...

But for the first time in my life, I'm facing something that's not at all easy. It's my wedding weekend and I've just been left at the altar. Not only that, but when my best friend whisks me away to drown my sorrows in a snowy cabin in Aster Valley, I accidentally discover Julian's been keeping secrets. Big secrets.

But after twenty-plus years of thinking of Jules as my friend without benefits, is it truly possible to change who we are to each other? There's no easy button this time, but I'm willing to do the work. I only wonder if Julian is ready to trust I really mean it.


I've been enjoying this series so far, so I hope I like this book, too. (And can I say that I love the cover???)
(I've also enjoyed reading some of this author's work with another author, but right now their new series together - which I haven't read yet - is getting roasted on Goodreads. The *honest* reviews are not good, but they equal the number of "amazing 5 star" arc reviews. Who to believe??? And do I want to bother reading that series? Hmmm...)

What are you waiting on this week?

4 comments:

  1. I hate when there's such conflicting ratings for a book. Usually that's when I spiral and stop reading reviews, look a the book again and then decide if I want to give it a try or not.

    This is a new to me one here, but I hope you end up enjoying it once you read it!



    Here's my CWW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jessica, that's a good idea. I'll probably wait until the 'roasting' has calmed down before reading the new series. Thanks for stopping by today!

      Delete
  2. It does look good. I like the idea of them stuck in a cabin together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see how this plays out. The other residents of 'Aster Valley' are gay couples, and they like to 'help' (aka PUSH) couples together. Should be interesting. Thanks for stopping by, Wendy!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.