Waiting On Wednesday (540) Taken by Storm (The Off Season #2) by K.M. Neuhold


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings
that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.
(WoW was previously hosted by Breaking The Spine.)

This my favorite day of the week because I love sharing and discovering new books.

Expected publication: April 8, 2022 by K.M. Neuhold
Genre: M/M, Romance

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Chef Storm is moody, antisocial...and he just asked me to be his fake boyfriend.

Most people on the island avoid the hot-tempered chef, but he doesn't scare me. Sure, he's prickly, but I've also caught him feeding a stray cat, so I know there's more to him than the sky-high, barbed-wire fence he's built around himself.

When Storm's ex-husband shows up unexpectedly during the off-season and refuses to go home, pretending to be Storm’s boyfriend is apparently my new job.

Faking it with my grumpy boss should not be this much fun, especially since the last thing I need is to make a fool of myself by falling for anyone else on the island.

Is there anything more exciting than being swept up in a storm? Maybe taming one…


Well, the first book in this series is getting bad reviews, so I've been reluctant to pick it up. I have read a few of this author's other books and I liked them, so I don't know what went wrong with this series. I'll have to read this and see what I think.

What are you waiting on this week?

5 comments:

  1. Oh bummer. It's always worrisome when other readers are not liking a series you're interested in! I hope this one goes well for you!


    Here's my CWW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice choice. I love the fake boyfriend trope, and a book with a chef.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Wednesdays as well, I look forward to seeing what everyone is sharing. I hope you enjoy this when you get a chance to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope this one turn sout good :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.