Waiting On Wednesday (546) Kiss Marry Kill (Dr. Maxwell Thornton Murder Mysteries #6) by S.C. Wynne

Expected publication: May 30, 2022
Genre: M/M, Romance


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings
that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.
(WoW was previously hosted by Breaking The Spine.)

This my favorite day of the week because I love sharing and discovering new books.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

River Martin has begun to reveal his true motives for being in Rainy Dale, and, shocker, it’s not good news for Maxwell Thornton.

If Maxwell is going to go to war with River, he’ll need people on his side. In his quest to be more of a 'people person', he’s roped into attending the wedding of one of his young patients, Janelle Raiden.

The bride is stunning in white silk tulle. The groom is appropriately doting. The cake is pure buttercream decadence. Everything about the wedding seems so very, very perfect.

Until the groom’s dead ex-wife makes an appearance.


I am finding it hard to say just what it is about this series that keeps me reading. It's not the greatest thing ever - but I do like the main characters, for the most part. It's a cozy M/M murder mystery romance... and I think it's trying to be so many things that it just falls short. And the writing is just okay... And I guess I'm okay with that (????) because I keep picking up the next book. I don't know!

What are you waiting on this week?

2 comments:

  1. It's funny how a series or book can do that to us. Be just "okay" but you still find yourself consuming the books and such. Hope you continue to find that niche with this installment!


    Here's my CWW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get it. There's a series I read that is just okay, but I am still planning to read the next in the series. Hope this one meets your expectations.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.