Waiting On Wednesday (621) The Mechanics of Lust (A Mackenzie Country Story #2) by Jay Hogan

Expected Publication: October 19, 2023
Genre: M/M, Romance


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings
that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.
(WoW was previously hosted by Breaking The Spine.)

This my favorite day of the week because I love sharing and discovering new books.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

I broke the rules and fell in love with my best friend. Newsflash—he didn’t feel the same. I had to stand by and watch him fall for someone else. Moving on hasn’t been easy since we all live and work on the same high country sheep station, but I’m finally getting there.

I’m building a new life, a new set of dreams, planning a different future, just me and my dogs. The last thing I need is Luke Nichols, the sexy, enigmatic, ex-husband of my nemesis, filling my head with a laundry list of cravings. Talk about complicated.

Luke is only in Mackenzie Country for a few months and I’m not about to put my heart on the line again just for a little fun. But the more I’m around Luke, the harder it is to remember exactly why Luke and I are a bad idea, the worst idea.

Things between us are about to go nuclear.

(Trigger Warning: This story contains references to the past loss of a child.)


However much I adore angst, I really, really don't like sad. Did you see that trigger warning? That's sad. So I put off reading the first book in this series for as long as I could. I've enjoyed every book I've read by this author, so I just had to finally read it. It turned out not to be as sad as I feared. Gil, from the first book, and Luke from this book were previously married and lost a daughter, and these 2 stories are about them moving on with 2 best friends. So they all live and work together on a sheep farm (in New Zealand!) and it gets messy and complicated.. but it all works out in the end with HEA's all around.

What are you waiting on this week?

2 comments:

  1. Glad this one wasn't as sad as you'd feared. Like you, I'm not in the business of reading heartbreaking fiction these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trigger warning does give me pause, but I am glad The Mechanics of Lust wasn't too sad. I can do sad but I have to be in the mood for it. This sounds like a fun series with great characters.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.