Waiting On Wednesday (620) Icarus and the Devil by Layla Reyne and Mandatory Repairs by Elle Keaton


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings
that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.
(WoW was previously hosted by Breaking The Spine.)

This my favorite day of the week because I love sharing and discovering new books.


Expected Publication: October 3, 2023
Genre: M/M, Paranormal, Romance

Synopsis from Goodreads:

My name is Icarus for a reason. If there’s a way to screw up a plan, I’m your man.

Case in point:
Falling for the man I’m supposed to seduce and ferry to his death. Adam Devlin, aka the Devil. A vigilante ex-cop and a thorn in the side of the mobster blackmailing me. Should be easy. Seduce him, yes. Lead him to his death, world of no.

There’s only one solution to save us both:
Kidnap the Devil.
I mentioned my name is Icarus, right? Three guesses how this plan will go. Bet you only need one.



Expected Publication: October 3, 2023
Genre: M/M, Romance

Synopsis from Goodreads:

He's never been to the Cowboy State before, but he's already made an enemy. Max Stone is a glass-is-always-full kind of guy and he strongly believes in doing the right thing.

In this case, doing the right thing means traveling to Collier's Creek, Wyoming to meet the half-sister he’s never known and help save her family ranch.

He feels slightly aimless after selling his software company and retiring. He’s only forty-two, and after a lifetime of working hard, there's a bucket list of things he’d like to check off. One of them is meeting someone who likes him for who he is, not his bank account. He has a good feeling about Collier's Creek.

Nash Vigil isn’t rolling out the welcome mat for Max Stone. Stone wants something, and Nash is going to figure out what it is. Then he’s going to make sure he doesn’t get it. No doubt Max is just like his cheating, lying father.

After another day fighting a losing battle at the ranch, Nash ends up helping a sexy newcomer who didn't realize that alcohol and high altitude don’t mix.

Just Nash’s luck, he's the one man Nash cannot be attracted to. Just Max's luck, someone has him in their sights and he may need a sexy cowboy to ride to his rescue.


The author calls Icarus and the Devil a "Paranormal romantic suspense." Hmmm. I've read quite a few of her books, but they've all been contemporary. She's never written paranormal before. I think I should be cautious with my expectations because I don't usually read paranormal. But I'll go for it and see if I like it.

Mandatory Repairs is part of a series written by different authors. They're all stand alones, so I don't have to read an entire series to enjoy just one book.

What are you waiting on this week?

5 comments:

  1. I like the sound of the paranormal romance. Particularly with the reference back to ancient Greece... Hope you enjoy these offerings, Sandra:)).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I had to do a little investigating since I'm not familiar with Greek mythology.

      Delete
  2. I was worried for a minute I couldn't comment! So many blogger comment boxes get stuck in anonymous mode and I can't comment! It's weird!

    These are new to me ones! I love a good paranormal read myself! That's my jam! Lol! It's always weird going into an author who usually writes one genre and is starting another one entirely! I hope you enjoy both of these reads once you get to read them!


    Here's my CWW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! Yeah, I had no idea this author was writing something different. I hadn't seen anything from her in a while, so I went looking and found this. I don't mind reading paranormal, especially if it turns out to be really good!

      Delete
  3. Oo! The start of a new series! I love the sound of Icarus and the Devil. I will definitely have to check that one out. Thank you for sharing! I hope you enjoy both of these when you read them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.