Waiting On Wednesday (586) Dark Vows (Kildevil Cove Murder Mysteries #5) by J.S. Cook

Expected publication: February 14th 2023
Genre: M/M, Romance


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings
that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.
(WoW was previously hosted by Breaking The Spine.)

This my favorite day of the week because I love sharing and discovering new books.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

They say you shouldn’t meet trouble halfway, but Inspector Danny Quirke never has to worry about that. Trouble always finds him.

When a house fire rocks his small town of Kildevil Cove, Danny’s inquiries into the house’s mysterious inhabitants prompt the dispatch of Inspecteur Blaise Pascal from Quebec.

Pascal arrives in perpetual ill humor, but he’s an expert on this particular family. If anyone can determine whether this is a missing persons case or something more sinister, it’s Pascal.

Pity he doesn’t want to share.

Danny’s cop instincts say Pascal’s secrets are the key to solving this case. But before he can untangle that mystery, a local fishing trawler hauls up a dead body, and a murder victim is found eviscerated on his bed, a grisly message painted on the wall in his own blood. Are these deaths related to the house fire? Who is the message for? And can Danny find the culprit before they carry out the last act of their sinister plan?


I read the first book in this series way back in March of 2020. I really, really liked it, and I've been wanting to continue with the series. So now the 5th book is coming out, and I am determined to catch up. I feel a binge reading coming on. LOL.

Also, this is listed as MM/Romance, but eeks, the 'romance' is so low key it's almost nonexistant! Which is fine with me because I'm reading for the mystery and the setting in Newfoundland.

What are you waiting on this week?

3 comments:

  1. Nice pick! Hope you're able to get caught up soon with this series!


    Here's my CWW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice choice. I love the setting in Newfoundland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't it sometimes seem like series books come out too fast for us to keep up--that and with all the other books we want to read? This sounds like a series I would like too. I hope you enjoy this and the rest of the series when you get to it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.