Waiting On Wednesday (633) Zenith (The Lake Prophet Mysteries #3) by Eli Easton and R.J. Scott

Expected Publication: January 19, 2024
Genre: MM, Romance, Paranormal


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings
that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.
(WoW was previously hosted by Breaking The Spine.)

This my favorite day of the week because I love sharing and discovering new books.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

A killer haunts Prophet, and this time it’s personal.

The discovery of a body at the Thompson Cabins sets off a chain of events that hits too close to home for Sheriff Gabriel Thompson. When his brother Sam becomes a prime suspect in the murder investigation, Gabriel is forced to keep secrets from Tiber and call in outside help as he fights to prove Sam’s innocence. It’s a nightmare that becomes all consuming.

Tiber Russo, animal whisperer, is dealing with problems of his own. A stalker threatens him and his entire menagerie of pets. With Gabriel wrapped up in the new case, Tiber tries to solve the mystery on his own. Who in the sleepy town of Prophet wants to do him harm? But when the threats turn lethal, Tiber finds himself in over his head.

Tiber and Gabriel have solved two murders together and started a deep relationship. But this time the forces ranged against them are personal and the target is on them and on the backs of everyone they love. With each of them isolated trying to protect the other, their strength is diminished. Even with the love they share, can they make it out of this alive?


I did it! I finished my 2023 Goodreads challenge on New Year's Eve. That was cutting it close. I had a crazy year, and at one point I was so far behind that I didn't think I would catch up.

This series, while not the greatest, is still interesting enough to keep me reading. I definitely liked book 2 better than book 1. So I'm hoping book 3 doesn't disappoint!

What are you waiting on this week?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on meeting your Goodreads goal! I always find it stressful throughout the year when I'm trying to read as fast as I can. I think I avoid the BIG books until I'm ahead of the game as Goodreads tells me. LOL.

    Hope this third book of this series is better than the previous two! Perhaps it's just one that keeps getting better and better!


    Here's my CWW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Jessica! I had a choice of 2 books I wanted to read on New Year's Eve to meet my goal - a 400 page book or a novella under 100 pages. You know which one I chose!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.