Series Saturday (2)

This week I want to talk about the Curse Workers series by Holly Black. No spoilers are included here, so please keep comments spoiler free also.


I was a little late in getting around to reading the Curse Workers series. I read the first 2 books back to back, then had to wait a few months for the 3rd book. No matter, I enjoyed all 3 books tremendously, and I can't believe it's over. I almost wish there were more books because I didn't want to say goodbye to this series.

I found the whole concept of curse workers to be awesome! These books have such a cool vibe going on. It almost makes me want to be a part of this alternate reality where curses, cons, and crimes are an everyday occurrence. Secrets, blackmail, and danger abound. And I can't leave out the intrigue, romance, mafia, and family drama. This series has it all!

I absolutely loved Cassel! He was such a flawed and tortured character. He had a strong and compelling voice, and I loved reading this series from his POV. I was constantly entertained by Cassel and his totally messed up family. They put the 'fun' in dysfunctional.

Black created a unique world and a twisted plot that kept me captivated right up to the end. This series is fresh, original, and different enough to be very memorable, and it ended in the best possible way. It's super spectacular and awesome and definitely worth reading! Go. Read it. NOW.



1 comment:

  1. I have the first one on my shelf collecting dust. I got a hardcover for around $4 and bought it and never read it :( I hope to start this series soon tho!

    Nikki H @ Take Me Away...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.