Waiting On Wednesday (88) These Broken Stars

 photo WoW3a.jpg

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

Wednesday is my favorite day of the week because I get to share books that I am super excited about and can't wait to read.

 photo TheseBrokenStars_zpsa7724115.jpg

Hardcover, 384 pages
Expected publication: December 10th 2013 by Disney Hyperion

Synopsis From Goodreads:

It's a night like any other on board the Icarus. Then, catastrophe strikes: the massive luxury spaceliner is yanked out of hyperspace and plummets into the nearest planet. Lilac LaRoux and Tarver Merendsen survive. And they seem to be alone.

Lilac is the daughter of the richest man in the universe. Tarver comes from nothing, a young war hero who learned long ago that girls like Lilac are more trouble than they’re worth. But with only each other to rely on, Lilac and Tarver must work together, making a tortuous journey across the eerie, deserted terrain to seek help.

Then, against all odds, Lilac and Tarver find a strange blessing in the tragedy that has thrown them into each other’s arms. Without the hope of a future together in their own world, they begin to wonder—would they be better off staying here forever?

Everything changes when they uncover the truth behind the chilling whispers that haunt their every step. Lilac and Tarver may find a way off this planet. But they won’t be the same people who landed on it.

The first in a sweeping science fiction trilogy, These Broken Stars is a timeless love story about hope and survival in the face of unthinkable odds.

I'll start on a shallow note and say "Look at that gorgeous cover!" Add a little snark with "That's a helluva big ass dress she has on!" Then throw in a little bit of awwwwww because of the "timeless love story" in the synopsis. This book sounds amazing. I hope I enjoy it, because I'm not usually a sci-fi reader, but I'm willing to give this one a chance.

What are you waiting on this week?

14 comments:

  1. Nice! Seeing this one WoW'd a lot lately!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying to read this one too! I have heard nothing but great things about it and the cover is so beautiful. Great pick! :)

    Here is our WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cover is Gorgeous! My first thought on seeing that cover was "My ! That is one helluva huge dress" ! Seeing as I don't read sci-fi much but the plot is intriguing I am willing to give this a try!

    My WoW of the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't read sci-fi, but this sounds interesting enough to at least attempt to read.

      Delete
  4. Every time I see that cover, I fall more in love with it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with this cover too, it's so beautiful! I'm not a huge sci-fi reader either, but I'll definitely be picking up a copy of this one. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good!
    Here's my WoW, if you're interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Somehow I ended up with two ARCs of this book... one I got in May, the other, I got today. The one from today is signed by Meagan and Amie though.

    And hey, this one is on NetGalley! Though it's under "New Adult" for some reason. I'm pretty sure this one is YA. But whatever. The science fiction is awesome ;)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you with a signed arc! I saw it on NetGalley, don't know if I'll get approved or not.

      Delete
  8. It's on NetGalley! I am so excited for this simply because sc-fi. But I mean, look at that cover, pure beauty!!!!!

    Check out my picks here

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.