Waiting On Wednesday (85) The Promise of Amazing

 photo WoW3a.jpg

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

My choice for this week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

 photo ThePromiseOfAmazing_zpsdc5fdd8d.jpg

Hardcover, 320 pages
Expected publication: December 31st 2013 by Balzer + Bray

Synopsis From Goodreads:

Wren Caswell is average. Ranked in the middle of her class at Sacred Heart, she’s not popular, but not a social misfit. Wren is the quiet, “good” girl who's always done what she's supposed to—only now in her junior year, this passive strategy is backfiring. She wants to change, but doesn’t know how.

Grayson Barrett was the king of St. Gabe’s. Star of the lacrosse team, top of his class, on a fast track to a brilliant future—until he was expelled for being a “term paper pimp.” Now Gray is in a downward spiral and needs to change, but doesn’t know how.

One fateful night their paths cross when Wren, working at her family’s Arthurian-themed catering hall, performs the Heimlich on Gray as he chokes on a cocktail weenie, saving his life literally and figuratively. What follows is the complicated, awkward, hilarious, and tender tale of two teens shedding their pasts, figuring out who they are—and falling in love.

I do love a good contemporary, and this sounds like a great debut novel. And that cover? Adorable!

What are you waiting on this week?

23 comments:

  1. This one sounds good Sandra! I love a good Contemporary Romance! Thanks for sharing! Here's my WOW:

    http://www.abookishescape.com/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-24.html#comment-form

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer reading contemporaries over anything else. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Cute! Doesn't sound like my kind of read but hope you love it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwee.. I stared at the cover for like two minutes. It's so cute! :)


    Andrea K. @ Books and Bindings
    Waiting on Wednesdays
    WWW Wednesdays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The guy sort of reminds me of a younger Ashton Kutcher. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. That cover is just so dang cute! The summary sounds like this book would be a good read too. Very lovely choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen this one yesterday for the first time! :) It sounds so good! :) Can't wait to read it. Great pick.

    Here is our WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is cute, but I'm not so sure it's for me. Great pick, though. I've seen this around a lot and I hope you'll all enjoy!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been seeing this around a lot! It deserves all the excitement though- sounds like a really cute contemporary!

    - Ellie at The Selkie Reads Stories

    ReplyDelete
  8. this one does look amazing. I love the cover. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one sounds really cute and intense at the same time! I saw the cover of this one and knew I'd want to read it. I hope you enjoy it when you get to read it! :D

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was interested because of the cover at first, but as soon as I read the synopsis I knew I wanted to read this one! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. This one sounds amazing! Pun intended!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww this one sounds like it will be a cute, fast read! So going on my TBR list.

    My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-perfect-ruin/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great choice! I really love the cover of this one. I'm definitely going to check this one out I think. :b
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a good one! I will need to add it to my TBR list.

    Here is My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.