Review: Take A Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg

 Take a BowTake a Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg


Hardcover, 278 pages
Published April 1st 2012 by Point
Source: Library


Synopsis from Goodreads:

Emme, Sophie, Ethan, and Carter are seniors at a performing arts school, getting ready for their Senior Showcase recital, where the pressure is on to appeal to colleges, dance academies, and professionals in show business. For Sophie, a singer, it's been great to be friends with Emme, who composes songs for her, and to date Carter, soap opera heartthrob who gets plenty of press coverage. Emme and Ethan have been in a band together through all four years of school, but wonder if they could be more than just friends and bandmates. Carter has been acting since he was a baby, and isn't sure how to admit that he'd rather paint than perform. The Senior Showcase is going to make or break each of the four, in a funny, touching, spectacular finale that only Elizabeth Eulberg could perform.

 photo picadillypink.png

Take A Bow follows Emme, Ethan, Sophie, and Carter as they navigate their way through a performing arts high school. During their senior year they all feel the pressures of performing and succeeding in the Senior Showcase and college auditions. The reader gets to experience how they handle the stress and how they deal with their friendships as they attempt to pursue their dreams.

Take A Bow is told from 4 alternating POVs. All 4 characters are unique and their personalities really do come out during their chapters. We get to see them interact with each other and get first hand knowledge of their inner thoughts and feelings. Through their eyes we also get to know the minor characters in the story and how they relate to each other. I think the entire story came together in a nice, cohesive way. The writing is beautiful and effortless and so realistic. There isn't a thing I would change about this novel.

I really loved this book. I enjoy contemporaries and this was a great read, short and sweet and full of life. The storyline is very interesting and the characters and situations are believable. I think you will love this book if you enjoy stories about friendship and music, and love a good romance.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
 photo pink4.png

8 comments:

  1. I really loved this book, as well! I loved the 4 viewpoints because it really let you know all of the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy contemporaries, too. And I'm starting to really like alternating points of view. I'm glad you like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I can't wait to read this one!! Aaah!!! Great review!! I'm a new follower and just wanted to drop by and say hi :)

    Feel free to check out my blog & follow too!!

    -Riya (The Teen Book Guru)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds great. I like it when there are different POVs. Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice review. I love the blurb and cover of this book. I'm new on YA Contemporary and this book will go to my TBR pile :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you really enjoyed this book :) I like books which are told from different points of view :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.