Top Ten Tuesday (10)



Top Ten Tuesday is an original weekly feature created at The Broke and The Bookish.

Top 10 books to read in one day:


Persuasion by Jane Austen
Captain Wentworth is something else.
"You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me not that I am too late, that such precious feelings are gone for ever. I offer myself to you again with a heart even more your own than when you almost broke it, eight years and a half ago. Dare not say that man forgets sooner than woman, that his love has an earlier death. I have loved none but you."


Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols
I have just one word for you: Johnafter


Chopsticks by Jessica Anthony, Rodrigo Corral (Illustrator) Obvious choice since it's a picture book.


Love and Leftovers by Sarah Tregay
Written in verse so it's a very quick read.


On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
This is a hard book to put down once you start reading. By the time you figure out what is going on, you just want to keep reading to see how it ends.


If I Stay (If I Stay #1) by Gayle Forman
So good, but also heartbreaking.


Where She Went (If I Stay #2) by Gayle Forman
I remember being afraid to finish this book. I just wanted them to be together and have a happy ending.


A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks
Keep the tissues nearby.


13 to Life (13 to Life #1) by Shannon Delany
Hot Russian werewolves in her midst, yet Jessie is so clueless.


Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
"Star-cross'd lovers"

4 comments:

  1. A walk to remember is probably one of my all time favorites. <3
    Nice list; new follower.
    Here's my list;
    http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/04/top-ten-tuesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun list! Ahh, I love Persuasion so much. I considered putting it on my list but went with Northanger Abbey because that one's shorter, I think--but a quick reader could certainly handle Persuasion in one day.

    A Walk to Remember made my list, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! A lot of these are on my list too! I really want to read Going Too Far, Love & Leftovers, and A Walk to Remember.
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! Chopsticks has been on my TBR for awhile now! and I LOVE a Walk t Remember.

    Lilian @ A Novel Toybox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.