Waiting On Wednesday (21)


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

My choice for this week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

Hardcover, 384 pages
Expected publication: July 31st 2012 by Harlequin Teen

Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

Synopsis From Goodreads:

SO WRONG FOR EACH OTHER...AND YET SO RIGHT.

No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with “freaky” scars on her arms. Even Echo can’t remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.

But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo’s world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she’ll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.


Why do I want to read it?

Pushing The Limits is told in alternating POVs - male and female. I am always interested in books with the male POV and I am curious if the author can pull it off.

7 comments:

  1. I'm not gonna lie. I'm a sucker for boys in leather jackets. I can't wait for this one as well. :)

    P.S.

    Screw Darcy. I'm Captain Wentworth all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the cover. It sounds like a promising contemporary read, so I'm definitelyadding it to my TBR list!

    Jenna @ Making the Grade
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read this one so badly. ;( Man.

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This definitely sounds like my kinda book! *adds to tbr* :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was my pick for last week's WoW and your post just reminds me of my desperate need to read this book. It sounds soooooo awesome. ♥

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction | My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like Leaving Paradise kind of. The two people who fall for each other that shouldn't be right for each other, but somehow are. I like the switching of POV sometimes. Might try this one. Thanks for sharing. My Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow, this sounds amazing. I'm going through a big contemporary kick, and always love the sweet 'bad boys'

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.