TGIF (2)


TGIF is a weekly feature hosted by Ginger over at GReads. It’s a fun way to end the week by recapping posts and answering the question of the week.

This week's Question:
Reading Blues: We all get them from time to time. What helps you overcome those reading slumps when nothing seems to grab your attention?


I don't really get into reading slumps. The only time I am not reading is when I can't decide what to read next. I have so many books that I want to read that sometimes I get overwhelmed and can't decide what I am in the mood for. I enjoy reading contemporary YA, but I have to throw in a little paranormal to keep things interesting. I'm still not a fan of dystopians (and I really hate the word 'dystopia' - it's thrown around too much recently) so I am always leery of reading them.

I borrow a lot of books from the library, so I never know when my reserved books will be available. Sometimes (like today) I have 5 books that came in at the same time. Am I going to read all 5 of them? I hope to get to all of them in the next 2 weeks before they are due back, but again, that depends on what I am in the mood to read.

I also hate being disappointed in a book I am reading. Sometimes they don't live up to the hype and I have a hard time finishing them. That is when I have to find a really awesome book to read next to get me back in the groove.

When all else fails, I get my kids to pick out my next book for me. I can always count on them to steer me in the right direction! I really love when I tell them what the book is about and they tell me "That's stupid." Thanks honey, that helps a lot. LOL

Does anyone else have too many books to choose from? What do you do when you are in a reading slump?

This week on Waiting For Wentworth:
Review - Take A Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg
Fairy Tale Giveaway Hop
Waiting On Wednesday
Review - Black Heart by Holly Black
Quotable Quotes with Jus Accardo and Untouched With Giveaway!

5 comments:

  1. I can definitely understand having so many books that you don't know which to read first. so i do a first come first serve thing. stop by and visit me.
    Http://sidnereading.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asking your kids to pick a book is a fun idea!


    I'm a new follower!
    In the Hammock Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, someone else who doesn't really have slumps! I have trouble deciding my next read as well! Lately and still now, I am reading review books that I got awhile back. So I have those yet when I don't have ARCs it's pretty hard to decide, usually I just go in order of release date, unless there's one I really really want to read!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower. Yes I can sympathize I keeping buy plus I get arc from net galley sometimes choosing the next three books is hard, if you want to see my answer. Click on my name.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.