Waiting On Wednesday (53) Nantucket Blue by Leila Howland


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

My choice for this week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:



Expected publication: May 7, 2013 by Disney Hyperion

Synopsis From Goodreads:

For Cricket Thompson, a summer like this one will change everything. A summer spent on Nantucket with her best friend, Jules Clayton, and the indomitable Clayton family. A summer when she’ll make the almost unattainable Jay Logan hers. A summer to surpass all dreams.

Some of this turns out to be true. Some of it doesn’t.

When Jules and her family suffer a devastating tragedy that forces the girls apart, Jules becomes a stranger whom Cricket wonders whether she ever really knew. And instead of lying on the beach working on her caramel-colored tan, Cricket is making beds and cleaning bathrooms to support herself in paradise for the summer.

But it’s the things Cricket hadn’t counted on--most of all, falling hard for someone who should be completely off-limits--that turn her dreams into an exhilarating, bittersweet reality.

A beautiful future is within her grasp, and Cricket must find the grace to embrace it. If she does, her life could be the perfect shade of Nantucket blue.
I love reading contemporaries! This one sounds perfect for me, and I can't wait to read it. The cover is what first grabbed my attention on Goodreads. It's so soft and pretty! I can't believe I'm posting another beach read when we haven't even reached winter yet.

What are you waiting on this week?

17 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of this one but sounds interesting! Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love waiting on Wednesdays you always learn something new!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! The cover won me over from the start. I love summer romances :-)

    Stop by our WoW if you have a chance.

    Nat

    http://bibliojunkies.blogspot.com/2012/11/waiting-on-wednesday-41.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this one but it sounds pretty great. Nice pick. Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    Thanks!

    Anna @ Wandering Librarians

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a really great book. I need to add it to my list. My cover does remind me of such a rush too, everytime i see a plane with a banner i think of that book lol. Thanks for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like an amazing Summer read and I am adding it to my TBR list! I have really been enjoying reading contemporaries lately and have a feeling I'm going to love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of this one but it sounds good. Thanks for checking out my WoW!

    Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’ve never heard of this one but it sounds good.
    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cover for this one! It really is pretty, definitely a perfect beach read! I'll be hunting down a copy of this one come summer, as it sounds like a perfect contemporary read. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one sounds like such a cute and fun summer beach read! It's not exactly winter yet where I live- it is actually in the 80s here! I wonder when winter will ever arrive... Anyways, fantastic pick! I love a good contemporary. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Going to have to add this to my list! I need some really good contemps!

    Great pick and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick! I've heard about this one just recently, and I'm also very eager for it. I've been on a contemporary kick lately, so I'll definitely be adding this one to my TBR list! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE contemporaries. And this does look like an awesome beach read. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty cover! I love contemporary books too! Great pick!

    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday
    Karina @ Couchpotatoreader

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not the biggest contemporary fan, but this sounds like a perfect holiday read!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do love a good contemp! I have heard of this one but never really checked it out before now. I think I'll add it to my TBR! Thanks for sharing! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post! Sorry for the late response.

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.