Book Trailer - Anna Karenina

Inspired by Book Trailer Thursday feature at Once Upon A Twilight.
Share your trailer with us - doesn't matter if it's a new release, a book that is coming soon, or a book that you just read.

Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
838 pages (first published 1877)

Trailer: Anna Karenina - 2012
Director comments for a full minute, skip that part to get to the good stuff!




Book Synopsis From Goodreads:

Anna Karenina tells of the doomed love affair between the sensuous and rebellious Anna and the dashing officer, Count Vronsky. Tragedy unfolds as Anna rejects her passionless marriage and must endure the hypocrisies of society. Set against a vast and richly textured canvas of nineteenth-century Russia, the novel's seven major characters create a dynamic imbalance, playing out the contrasts of city and country life and all the variations on love and family happiness.

I can't say that I have any desire to actually read Anna Karenina, but I did enjoy the 1935 film version featuring Greta Garbo. Now, this new version stars Keira Knightley and looks highly stylized and honestly, quite weird. I thought Keira was an odd casting choice, and I'm still not convinced she can pull it off. I'm not the biggest fan of hers, and my main reason is because she always acts exactly the same no matter the role. Am I the only one who feels this way? Oh, and not to nit pick, but I hate that she always has her mouth open. I just want to tell her to close it. And Aaron Johnson as Count Vronsky? What's with the weird blond hair? Well, casting choices aside, I'm still willing to give this movie a chance.

Has anyone actually read Anna Karenina? Or have you seen any of the film versions? Are you going to see this version when it comes out?

1 comment:

  1. You're not the only one who has that feeling with Keira! I want her to close her mouth as well :p And she always feels.. so distant on the screen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.