Waiting On Wednesday (34) Onyx (Lux #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

My choice for this week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


Paperback, 416 pages
Expected publication: August 14th 2012 by Entangled Teen

Synopsis From Goodreads:

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarre connection. I’ve sworn him off even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But against all common sense, I’m falling for him. Hard.

Our relationship issues aren’t out biggest problem…

The Department of Defense is here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we’re linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And when a new boy shows up a school with a secret of his own, things get complicated fast. I need to choose between my own instincts and Daemon’s.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. Daemon’s never going to stop searching until gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies.

Why I Want To Read It:

I was feeling a little left out, like I was the only person who hadn't read Obsidian yet. I've had it on my ereader for quite a while but never got around to reading it until recently. While I did enjoy it, I wasn't all that impressed with Daemon. With all of the gushing going on about him, I expected him to be A-MA-ZING. He was alright, but I thought he was pretty much of an ass. Well, a smokin' hot ass - with potential. But that won't stop me from reading the rest of the series and hoping that his disposition improves.

What are you waiting on this week?


3 comments:

  1. I haven't read Obsidian either, I don't think it's really the book for me. :( I have heard a lot about it though! :) I'm a new follower! :)

    Here is my WoW! :) http://blogofabookaholic.blogspot.com/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't plan on reading it either. I bought it when it was 99 cents thinking I would read it eventually. I'm glad I did since I enjoyed it.

      Delete
  2. Daemon is a bit of an ass... but an extremely hot one, and I agree he does have potential. He just needs to work on his attitude a little!

    Great choice this week! (:

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.