Tune In Tuesday (9)


Tune In Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by GReads. It's a great way to share songs that you love, new or old, and spread some music around the blogosphere!

Tune In Tuesday: My Teen Years Special Edition

Last week I gave you waaay too much info on the amazing Duran Duran. This week I bring you the years 1986 and 1987 and only ONE member of Duran Duran. The guitar player, Andy Taylor.


Check out this cheese-tastic video for a flop of a movie from 1986 called "American Anthem." The movie was terrible, but it was an opportunity for Andy Taylor, as a solo artist, to reach a new audience. The movie featured real life gymnast Mitch Gaylord and some chick named Janet Jones (whose claim to fame is that she is from St. Louis and she attended the same high school as my husband... No, wait a second. We don't claim her. But she is married to some hockey player.)

Take It Easy



Andy also got much needed exposure by writing a song for the soundtrack of Miami Vice II.

When The Rain Comes Down



Then in 1987 Andy released his first solo album titled Thunder. This was the soundtrack to my senior year of high school. I loved this record SO much. I also realized that Andy was a great artist (I love his voice!) and his guitar playing was under-utilized in Duran Duran. I still really love this CD and I listen to it all the time. I'm a dork that way.

I Might Lie



Don’t Let Me Die Young (Check out Andy's son at the end of the video. Too cute!)



Bringin' Me Down



Life Goes On



Tremblin'

2 comments:

  1. I vaguely recognise When the Rain Comes Down, but I never realised that it was Duran Duran's guitarist performing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of Duran Duran, but thanks for the recommendations and the videos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.