Waiting On Wednesday (33) Through To You by Emily Hainsworth


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

My choice for this week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


Through To You by Emily Hainsworth

Hardcover, 272 pages
Expected publication: October 2nd 2012 by Balzer + Bray

Synopsis From Goodreads:

Camden Pike has been grief-stricken since his girlfriend, Viv, died. Viv was the last good thing in his life: helping him rebuild his identity after a career-ending football injury, picking up the pieces when his home life shattered, and healing his pain long after the meds wore off. And now, he’d give anything for one more glimpse of her. But when Cam makes a visit to the site of Viv’s deadly car accident, he sees some kind of apparition. And it isn’t Viv.

The apparition’s name is Nina, and she’s not a ghost. She’s a girl from a parallel world, and in this world, Viv is still alive. Cam can’t believe his wildest dreams have come true. All he can focus on is getting his girlfriend back, no matter the cost. But things are different in this other world: Viv and Cam have both made very different choices, things between them have changed in unexpected ways, and Viv isn’t the same girl he remembers. Nina is keeping some dangerous secrets, too, and the window between the worlds is shrinking every day. As Cam comes to terms with who this Viv has become and the part Nina played in his parallel story, he’s forced to choose—stay with Viv or let her go—before the window closes between them once and for all.

Parallel world? Sounds crazy, doesn't it? I usually read more contemporary stories, but I can handle a little bit of the supernatural now and then. I don't know what's up with me and the sad, heavy stories about death recently. I'm walking around all bummed out at times. Any suggestions for a light, fluffy contemp book?

13 comments:

  1. The storyline sounds SO familiar but I still feel like this is the first I've heard of this! It sounds very interesting though so I have definitely added it to my to-read list. Great pick (:

    - Kim
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that one looks interesting! Cover is quite intriguing!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I'm so excited to read this! I was so excited to pick up a copy of it at ALA! I hope we both love it :) Check out my WOW:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pick! I've got this from Edelweiss and I'm soo excited to read it!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first request from Edelweiss and I got it too. I hope it's good!

      Delete
  5. Intriguing! It does so a little crazy but it's interesting! I think I'll be adding this to my TBR. :) Thanks for sharing and visiting my post. :)

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have requested this for review and keeping my fingers tightly crossed because i think it sounds fantastic! I love the cover too. I get you with the feeling down due to books, i get a few of those and it's like argh, give me something happy to read lol. Too many consecutively is depressing x Great WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one looks totally amazing!! I totally love the idea of a parallel world, and I can't wait to see what the author does with it. I think it's going to be very cool to read about! =)

    Fabulous pick! Also, if you're looking for a very light contemporary, I totally recommend Anna and the French Kiss! So cute. <3

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this one but I haven't read it yet. It looks awesome!


    My WOW and international giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one is new to me, and it sounds like a great read. I'lld efinitely have to add this one to my list. Great choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This does sound interesting!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2200

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, love your blog! I found it from a Waiting on Wednesday site. I am a new follower, I would love a follow back http://endlessdaysofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.